Navy Bean - Don't ask what it means!

Musings on films, music, books, women's tennis, TV shows & more.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Music: Sarah Fimm - Nexus

I am hooked on Sarah Fimm's album 'Nexus'. I have barely played anything else since I received it from CD Baby 3 weeks ago. In fact it's almost a chore to wrench myself away from it and attempt to listen to something else. Even when I do, invariably I'm playing it again soon.

'Nexus' wakes me up in the morning, courtesy of my CD alarm clock, I then listen to it in the car on my way to and from work. It's on my MP3 player, which I listen to at lunchtime and then hook up to my mini hi-fi system in the kitchen when I get home and cook dinner. It's also on my mobile phone (Nokia N70) and my PC at home. I can and do listen to it wherever I am. I have to!

When I couldn't listen to it often for a couple of days over Christmas, due to the festivities intervening, I got withdrawal symptoms unless I had a 'Nexus' fix at least once a day. Like a good auntie I bought my 5 year old nephew a CD player for Christmas with a CD of his favourite songs from CBeebies. He's a bit too young to appreciate Sarah, but give him time! When the CBeebies 'music' got too much for me (anyone who's heard the 'Bob the Builder' or 'Bill & Ben' songs will know what I mean), I disappeared with my MP3 player and listened to 'Nexus' to regain my calm.

Last weekend 'Nexus' eased the chore of queueing for cinema tickets for 10 minutes. Even when I'm not listening to it, for example when I'm working, I'm singing it in my head. I can't help it. I'd say, 'Help, I think I'm obsessed' but I know I am and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Just as a note of interest; the last album that had such an effect on me was Evanescence's 'Fallen'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home